Applying for Registration
In order to register as either a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Engineering Technician (EngTech), you need to:
- hold the appropriate grade of RAeS membership
- satisfy both academic and competence requirements defined by the Engineering Council
- complete the appropriate application form for registration (and/or membership) as below:
- attend a Professional Review Interview (PRI) (normally not required for EngTech applicants. Click on Professional Review and Interview for possible interview dates and locations.
* Please note: The Society will continue to accept until the end of 2014 applications made on the 2010 versions of the Qualifying Report Forms for CEng, IEng and EngTech if accompanied by the 07/2010 version of the Application Form to join the RAeS. Please contact email@example.com for a copy of this Application form.
For examples of completed Application Forms for Registration please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
A step-by-step guide to registration with information on the process and the requirements for registration (including the academic requirements) is given in Appendix B of the Registration Handbook Appendices for Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and Engineering Technician (EngTech).
Military and MoD Civilian Applicants
For specific guidance on the Military and MoD Civilian Routes to registration please click on Military Engineers.
Click here for specific Guidance Notes for Academic Applicants.
Links to the Application Forms for Registration and examples of completed applications (formerly known as QRFs)
The following forms must be downloaded:
Please note: if you allow your membership and registration to lapse for 3 years or more it will be necessary to reapply, in compliance with Engineering Council requirements.
Mentoring for Registration
If you have a mentor or would like guidance on mentoring for registration, please click here for Guidance on Mentoring for Registration.