Applying for Registration
In order to register as either a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Engineering Technician (EngTech), you need to:
- hold the appropriate grade of RAeS membership
- satisfy both academic and competence requirements defined by the Engineering Council
- complete a Membership Application Form. This is required even if you are already a member to confirm
- your contact and employer details
- the grade of registration you are applying for
- your preferred interview date and location
- your Payment Instructions
- complete a Qualifying Report Form (QRF) for the level of registration you wish to apply for (see completed examples below)
- attend a Professional Review Interview (PRI) (normally not required for EngTech applicants.
Information on the process and the requirements for registration (including the academic requirements) is given in the Step by Step Guide to Registration for Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and Engineering Technician (EngTech).
Military and MoD Civilian Applicants
For specific guidance on the Military and MoD Civilian Routes to registration please click on Military Engineers.
Click here for specific Guidance Notes for Academic Applicants.
Links to the Qualifying Report Forms (QRFs) and examples of completed QRFs
The following forms must be downloaded:
Please note: if you allow your membership and registration to lapse for 3 years or more it will be necessary to reapply, in compliance with Engineering Council requirements.
Mentoring for Registration
If you have a mentor or would like guidance on mentoring for registration, please click here for Guidance on Mentoring for Registration.