Search for your local Branch in the South and East of the UK
On the 23rd July 1953 an inaugural meeting was held at the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down, where it was decided to request the Council of the Royal Aeronautical Society to approve the formation of a Branch.
In January 1956 the Christchurch Branch of the Royal Aeronautical Society was formed with an initial membership of 146, primarily de Havilland employees working at what was previously the old Airspeed factory.
The Branch was formed in 1995 primarily to serve the staff and students of Cranfield University and Society members living or working in the local area
The first Gatwick Branch lecture was given by Sir Peter Masefield on the 24th Oct 1979. The Branch is based at the CAA Aviation House (Safety Regulation Group) and serves the aerospace community clustered around Gatwick, Redhill and Crawley.
The Hatfield Branch has been in existence for over 70 years and has been based on the de Havilland, Hawker Siddeley, British Aerospace and Raytheon factories that inhabited the Hatfield Airfield site. Since the closure of the manufacturing site the B...
The Isle of Wight Branch was originally formed in 1937 and based around the Design and Development staff of Saunders Roe Ltd.
The Oxford Branch was formed in June 2003. The Branch catchment area includes the local universities and RAF stations as well as local organisations involved in rotorcraft, space, and motor racing R&D.
Formed in 1935, the RAeS Solent Branch serves a large surrounding area in the Southampton and Portsmouth regions and is lucky to be a regional hub of aeronautical activities.
The Branch can trace its roots back to the formation of the Luton Branch in 1942. The change of name to Stevenage Branch finally occurred in 1983. In 1988 the Branch introduced the Leslie Bedford named lecture into the annual programme of events in h...