What is aviation law?
The law touches many aspects of aviation, and the subjects addressed by the Air Law Group cover a wide range of activities in the aviation sector. The subjects raised include product liability, airline liability, insurance, airports, regulation of aviation, legal aspects of technical matters and European liberalisation.
The Air Law Group:
- To promote the establishment and co-ordination of facilities for the objective study and evolution of law applicable to aeronautics and astronautics.
- To provide facilities for the collaboration of all members who may well be able to contribute to such studies, and to collaborate with other persons or organisations with similar interests.
- To undertake, upon request, the constructive analysis of proposed legislation, and of draft international agreements or conventions.
- To disseminate information and ideas among members consistent with the aims of the Group.
- To ensure that each member acts in an individual capacity and not in a capacity representative of any political, commercial, professional, trades union or other sectional interest.
The Group works often with other RAeS Groups. It organises, and contributes to, conferences, lectures and other functions related to its subject matter. The Group hosts their annual Air Law Summer Reception each year.
Get in touch
If you specialise in this field, or wish to find our more, explore our additional resources below. To get involved with the activities of the Air Law Group please contact the Chairperson by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.