Flight testing covers a spectrum of airborne data gathering activities from Research and Development flying through to verification and validation that an air vehicle and its systems are safe to operate and fit for purpose.
The aim of the RAeS Flight Test Group (FTG) is ‘promoting the significance and values of flight testing within the RAeS and the wider aviation community’.
The objectives of the Flight Test Group are:
• To promote safe and effective flight test practice
• To be the custodians of flight test expertise within the UK
• To stimulate interest in flight testing activities
• To promote and share innovation and best practice within flight testing organisations
• To provide a voice for the Air Test and Evaluation (T&E) community when dealing with external organisations
The Flight Test Groups Membership is made up of senior leaders within the UK aerospace community who directly manage, supervise and regulate flight test activities. The membership of the group includes the following organisations;
The Flight Test Group meets and hosts lectures to support the learned output of the society, 4 times per year, normally at the Society’s Headquarters. Lectures are advertised through the RAeS events section of the website.
If you specialise in this field, or wish to find our more, explore our additional resources below. To get involved with the activities of the Flight Test Group please contact the Chairperson by contacting email@example.com.
NATO Flight Test Technical Team; enter AG-300 in the search window for Flight Testing and AG-160 for Flight Test Instrumentation.