An Associate either:
Holds an academic or vocational qualification acceptable to the Council
has three years' experience
Typical qualifications include:
- an ordinary degree
- a National Diploma, National Certificate or equivalent
- an appropriate level 3 City ad Guilds qualification
- Commercial Pilots Licence
- Air Transport Pilot's Licence Apprenticeship
- an appropriate Certified Apprenticeship
- an appropriate NVQ/SVQ at NQF level 3 or equivalent
- an EASA license for 2 years', without type rating
For full details of the requirements for Associate, click see the Associate section of the Membership Handbook.
Applicants who hold an accredited degree that meets the academic requirement for engineering registration in full can also apply for Interim Registration for CEng or IEng as a stepping stone to gaining full Chartered or Incorporated Engineer registration.
You may also apply for Engineering Technician. Visit the pages on registration for details.
Your application can be made online by clicking the apply now link below. After registering your details you will be asked supporting documentation including:
- Certificates/Transcripts (if applicable)
- Current CV
- Details of 2 referees
- Organisational Chart
Fees for 2018
Application Fee: £73.00*
Transfer Fee (for those upgrading a current membership): £53.00*
Subscription Fee: £100.00**
*please note the application fee or transfer fee will be waived if you are currently working for a Corporate Partner of the Royal Aeronautical Society.
**for application received from the 1st April which will expire on 31 December 2018
If you're already an Associate (ARAeS) member, add it to your LinkedIn profile to let your colleagues and peers know and proudly display your RAeS membership.