To qualify for the free Student Affiliate membership, you should be in full-time study and intending to follow a career in aerospace.
If you're already a Student Affiliate member, add it to your LinkedIn profile to let your colleagues and peers know and proudly display your RAeS membership.
Free membership is available for the duration of your course and gives you the benefit of online access to our the monthly magazine, AEROSPACE.
- Free attendance to over 400 lectures and events worldwide and often at a branch or Division near you
- Free 1-2-1 careers guidance for UK-based students
- Support towards professional registration (EngTech, IEng and CEng) with Engineering Council
- Get involved with our Young Persons Network which has over 8,000 like-minded young professionals worldwide.
- Access to Scholarship Schemes such as the Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Use of our internationally renowned National Aerospace Library
- FREE places at RAeS Conferences (subject to availability)
- Access to the Members' area of the Society's website where you can update your contact details
Young people on industrial placements in the UK which are organised by The Year in Industry for 12 months before starting a degree course also benefit from free membership - contact YINI for details.
At the end of your studies, you will automatically be invited to upgrade to e-Associate of the Society.
If you are due to complete your current level of study, but will be continuing your studies, please complete the update student form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to extend your student membership.
Have you complete your studies and thinking about upgrading your membership? Watch this short video to find out why you should.
Apply online providing us with details of your current studies. Once we receive and process your application for student membership, you will receive an email confirming your membership.
Full-time students studying at any level are able to apply for free membership. Free membership is available to from those in Primary School with in an interest in Aviation, Aerospace and other STEM Subjects through University and Postgraduate studies.
If you are a part-time student or if you prefer to receive paper copies of the above magazine, UK based students pay £45.00 per year. Apply online and press the 'apply now' button when prompted (NB: Remember to include your address). Students in Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan and South Africa should contact their local Division if they want to receive paper copies.
Upgrade your Student Membership
Once you complete your degree you can upgrade to e-Associate so you can start using the post-nominals ARAeS after your name. Those going into a career in engineering can also apply also for Interim Registration with the Engineering Council if your degree is accredited as meeting the academic requirements for CEng or IEng in full. Progress through the membership and registration levels as your career develops. You are able to upgrade your student membership by applying for e-Associate directly online or by completing the form listed below.