EngTech is an international recognised level of professional registration for Engineering Technicians. It is a formal recognition of your engineering skills and competence.
Why Become an Engineering Technician?
- Demonstrate you engineering skills, competence and expertise
- Increase your exposure to new career opportunities
- Credibility with peers, employer, customers and suppliers
If you are seeking to become an Engineering Technician you will need to demonstrate your ability to meet competences described in the Engineering Council's UK-SPEC.
To apply for Eng Tech, you will need to:
- demonstrate that you meet the competences set out in the UK-SPEC
- Hold or apply for the appropriate grade of RAeS membership (Associate or above)
- Have completed an advance or modern apprenticeship course
- Have suitable work experience or qualifications
Applying for Eng Tech
Applications for registration (and/or membership) can be made online by clicking on Apply Now.
Before you can start an online application, you will be asked to sign in to the website. If you do not already have a user name and password you will be prompted to create an online account.
We request that you include the following as part of your application pack:
- Organisation Chart
- Development Action Plan (career goals)
- Qualifying Report Form
- copies of certificates of any qualifications (if applicable)
- details of referee/sponsor (should be registered at least at Eng Tech level)
If you would like to speak to someone about Engineering Technician, please contact: email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7670 4323/320.
Fees for 2018
Registration Application Fee (non-refundable) - £30.00
Entry Fee - £17.50
*NB. Due at time of approval of registration and Entry Fee includes the first years' registration fee
2018 Registration (Renewal) Fee - £19.00
2018 Baseline Registration Fee - £8.40**
**All members who have or will be reaching normal retirement age in 2018 are entitled to pay their registration annual fees at the Baseline Rate.
A registrant may be reinstated within three years of lapsing, but will be required to pay an administrative fee. If the registration has lapsed for more than three years, the individual must reapply to one of the institutions and will be subject to a full professional review.
Already Registered with another institution?
You can request to transfer your CEng, IEng, EngTech professional registration from another UK engineering institution to the RAeS. In order to transfer your registration, you must be a member of the RAeS. If you are not already a member, find out more on how to apply at here. Once you have joined the RAeS at the appropriate level of membership, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to transfer your registration for you. You will need to ensure that your Engineering Council subscription payments are up to date. We do not charge a transfer fee to switch your Professional Registration to the RAeS.