Guidance Notes for Academics
Gaining Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) status is just as straightforward for engineers who are teachers or researchers in Higher Education as it is for an engineer working industry.
It is straightforward for engineers who are teachers or researchers in Higher Education to achieve either IEng or CEng and we can assist you through the process. You will enjoy the benefits of status and recognition, whilst gaining credibility with your students.
Why Become a Professionally Registered Engineer?
- Recognition of expertise, knowledge, professional commitment and standing as an engineer
- Increased standing for your employer
- Demonstrate you engineering skills, competence and expertise
- Increase your exposure to new career opportunities
- Credibility with peers, employer, customers and suppliers
- Internally recognised qualification
- Access to lifelong learning
- Enhanced mobility
Applying for Professional Registration
Applications for registration (and/or membership) can be made online by clicking on Apply Now.
Before you can start an online application, you will be asked to sign in to the website. If you do not already have a user name and password, you will be prompted to create an online account.
We request that you include the following as part of your application pack:
- Development Action Plan (career goals)
- Qualifying Report Form
- Account of a Technical Task
- copies of certificates of any qualifications (if applicable)
If you would like to speak to someone about Professional Registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7670 4323/320.
For guidance and to help get you started with your application, please see below for our guidance for Academic Applicants.