Applying for Registration
In order to register as either a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Engineering Technician (EngTech), applicants need to:
- hold the appropriate grade of RAeS membership (See Table Below)
- satisfy both academic and competence requirements defined by the Engineering Council
- attend a Professional Review Interview (PRI) (normally not required for EngTech applicants. Click on Professional Review and Interview for possible interview dates and locations.
Applications for registration (and/or membership) can be made online by clicking on Apply Now
For examples of completed Application Forms for Registration please see the Categories of Registration pages.
Closing dates to receive applications for 2017:
- 6 December 2016 (Registration Committee meets on 19 January 2017)
- 7 February 2017 (Registration Committee meets on 9 March 2017)
- 9 May 2017 (Registration Committee meets on 8 June 2017)
- 27 June 2017 (Registration Committee meets on 27 July 2017)
- 12 September 2017 (Registration Committee meets on 5 October 2017)
- 5 December 2017 (Registration Committee TBC)
Registration Application Fee (non-refundable)
CEng - £100.00
IEng - £100.00
Eng Tech - £30.00
Interim/Stage 1 (CEng, IEng) - N/A
Engineering Council Fees - Due once registration is approved
CEng - £49.20
IEng - £41.60
Eng Tech - £17.00
Interim/Stage 1 (CEng, IEng) -£10.10
*NB. the Registration Entry Fee includes the first years' registration fee
2017 Registration Fee
CEng - £37.90
IEng - £32.00
Eng Tech - £18.40
Interim/Stage 1 (CEng, IEng) -£13.50
2017 Baseline Registration Fee
CEng - £17.10
IEng - £14.30
Eng Tech - £8.20
A registrant may be reinstated within three years of lapsing, but will be required to pay an administrative fee. If the registration has lapsed for more than three years, the individual must reapply to one of the institutions and will be subject to a full professional review.
Already Registered with another institution?
You can request to transfer your CEng, IEng, EngTech professional registration from another UK engineering institution to the RAeS. In order to transfer your registration, you must be a member of the RAeS. If you are not already a member, find out more on how to apply at here. Once you have joined the RAeS at the appropriate level of membership, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to transfer your registration for you. You will need to ensure that your Engineering Council subscription payments are up to date. We do not charge a transfer fee to switch your Professional Registration to the RAeS.