Civilian MOD Route to Registration
Civilian MOD route to professional registration
As a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS), we can help you to become registered with the Engineering Council and get the recognition you deserve.
The RAeS is a licensed body of the Engineering Council, accredited to award the professional qualifications of Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and Engineering Technician (EngTech).
For more details on the application process, download the guidance documents on the right hand side.
Applications for professional registration (and/or membership) can now be made online by clicking on Apply Now
Get the recognition you deserve
Professional registration will ensure you are recognised and rewarded in a highly competitive environment so join the Society today to continue developing your engineering career within the Armed Forces and beyond.
- Demonstrate your skills, experience and expertise through the use of post nominal letters after your name (ARAeS, AMRAeS, MRAeS, FRAeS)
- The opportunity to register with the Engineering Council as an EngTech, IEng or CEng engineer
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Society, technical and industry news through your complimentary magazine - AEROSPACE
- Great networking opportunities for personal and career development
- Career advice and development from our Careers & Education Centre
- Structured record keeping of your continued professional development (CPD) through the use of mycareerpath
- Increased knowledge sharing through our Specialist Groups
- Preferential rates for conferences and Society events
- Access to the Society’s Medals and Awards, Bursaries, and Scholarships
Registration is open to all engineering professionals who can demonstrate competence to perform professional work to the necessary standards. Once you have been granted professional registration you will remain on the Engineering Council register providing you maintain your membership of the Society.
We work closely with the Military of Defence as an active member of the Professional Engineering Institutions’ Defence Committee and therefore are pleased to provide a streamlined route for Military personnel and MOD civilian.
Becoming professionally registered at EngTech, IEng or CEng level demonstrates you have achieved high level skills and competencies and are committed to your career as a professional engineer. Registration is also beneficial to members employed outside the UK as it is recognised internationally so see Appendix B of the Registration Handbook Appendices for our step by step guide and apply now for professional registration.
For more details on the application process, download the guidance documents and Qualifying Report forms on the right hand side.