Voting in the 2018 RAeS Council Election has now closed and the results are available to view.
The Society is pleased to announce the results of the 2018 Council Elections and thank the members of the Society for taking the time to vote, it was pleasing to see the turnout increase to 23.9%.
As announced by the President at the AGM on 10 May 2018, the following candidates have been elected to serve for three years (in alphabetical order):
* Mr David Gordon Chinn CEng FRAeS
* Lieutenant Commander Richard M Gearing BEng(Hons) CEng MRAeS MCGI MCMI
* Miss Zoë Catriona Alice Gell MEng(Hons) MRAeS
* Howard Russell Nye FRAeS FBIS MInstP
* Dr Thurai Rahulan BSc (Hons) PhD AMIMechE FRAeS
* Mr Robert Thomas Savidge CEng FRAeS
Congratulations to those who were elected and thanks to everyone who stood in the Elections.
The Society would like to thank the members of Council who are stepping down this year for all their time and effort:
Prof Chris Atkin
Captain Hugh Dibley
Wg Cdr Ross Priday
New RAeS President
RAdm Simon Henley now becomes the Society's President for 2018-19 with thanks to Sir Stephen Dalton FRAeS for his leadership over the last year. Professor Jonathan Cooper CEng FRAeS becomes President-Elect. Find out more about our new President.