This year’s annual Women in Aviation and Aerospace Committee conference will take place on 21 November 2014 in London and explore the topics of continued professional development and mentoring.
- What steps can you take to control your personal and professional development and where could this take you?
- How can mentoring help you in your career?
- Why should you become a mentor?
Delegates will hear from inspirational leaders from a wide range of sectors in the aerospace industry. They will provide you with valuable insights into the latest technology and current thinking in the industry. They will also share their personal experiences of professional development and the journeys that led them to their current positions. Confirmed speakers include:
- Jenny Body OBE, Past President, Royal Aeronautical Society
- João Miguel Santos, Vice President, Boeing International Africa
- Sham Musthapha, Systems, Engineering Manager, Boeing Defence
- Dr Susan Durbin, Associate Professor in Employment Studies, Centre for Employment Studies Research, University of the West of England
- Cdr Victoria Dale-Smith, Maritime Sea King Force Commander, Royal Navy
- Sqn Ldr Sarah Maskell, Equality and Diversity Policy Sponsor, Royal Air Force
- Victoria Hall, Executive Coach & Talent Management Consultant, Talent Futures
This event will be followed by a networking drinks reception to celebrate the launch of the Women in Aviation and Aerospace Committee’s Mentoring Scheme. This will provide an opportunity to meet and engage with your peers and the speakers attending the conference.