In the December 2016 edition of AEROSPACE, the RAeS monthly flagship magazine: an interview with Clint Eastwood on the making of 'Sully', the movie, students from the University of Southampton aim to set new wing-suit records, an interview with GKN Aerospace CEO Kevin Cummings, the Royal Navy's 2016 Unmanned Warrior exercise and Airbus produces its 10,000th aircraft.
In the latest AEROSPACE magazine - December 2016
* Radome – Intelligence/Analysis/Comment - A digest of the top aviation, aerospace and space news from the previous month.
* Antenna − Commentator HOWARD WHEELDON asks what next for Eurofighter?
* Transmissions − Your letters, emails, tweets and feedback.
* A change in power - The varied technologies for improving helicopter performance.
* Falling with style - Students at the University of Southampton aim to set new wing-suit world records.
* Visions of the future - How many predictions about the future of aviation made by RAeS experts in 1966 actually came true?
* Making of a hero - Clint Eastwood, director of ‘Sully’, speaks about how the ‘miracle of the Hudson’ was adapted for the big screen.
* 10,000 and climbing - The lessons for new-entry aircraft manufacturers from Airbus’ road to success.
* A game for drones - The Royal Navy’s Unmanned Warrior 16 naval exercise and its implications for autonomous systems.
* Plane Speaking - An interview with Kevin Cummings CEO of GKN Aerospace.
* President and Chief Executive's message
* Book Reviews
* Library additions
* Sir Henry Royce Lecture
* Stepping up to Management
* New at the NAL
* Corporate Partners
* RAeS Elections
* The Last Word - Keith Hayward looks at what lies ahead for Heathrow’s plans to build a third runway.
Download your copy now or join the Royal Aeronautical Society to access it.
AEROSPACE is the flagship monthly publication of the Royal Aeronautical Society and is free to all members as part of their membership. It is written for aerospace professionals by aerospace professionals. Inaugurated in June 2013 and replacing the two earlier members' monthly magazines, Aerospace International and The Aerospace Professional,
AEROSPACE is features-led, agenda-setting, global in outlook, dynamic and forward looking. Each issue contains news and analysis as well as Society news and events, book reviews and news of members. Letters and feedback are positively encouraged.
Enjoyed reading these but not a member? Click here to find out about joining the RAeS.
Can’t wait for the printed copy to arrive? Click here to view the latest edition online, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance setting up your online account. For non-member subscriptions please contact: email@example.com