1. Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
2. Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
3. Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
4. Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require the Royal Aeronautical Society to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information the Royal Aeronautical Society Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
1. when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
2. when you subscribe to one of our email lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
3. when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the blogs we make available.
What the Royal Aeronautical Society does with Personal Information
Purchasing. We use the personal information you provide to us during your online purchasing process. Your email address is retained in association with your account and historical purchase information. Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to the Royal Aeronautical Society. When you subscribe to our newsletter, events list or one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by mailchimp.com (http://mailchimp.com/). You may unsubscribe from any such lists as and when you require.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
the Royal Aeronautical Society has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that the Royal Aeronautical Society stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs. All websites, including www.aerosociety.com have security risks in addition to those described above. Among other things, websites can be vulnerable to DNS attacks, and using any website requiring registration may increase the risk of phishing. See Internet privacy on Wikipedia.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United Kingdom. If you are accessing the Websites from the United States, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from UK laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the UK which does not have the same data protection laws as the US and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
2. the transfer of your personal data to the United Kingdom as indicated above.
Effective Date: 1 January 2016